[Ffmpeg-devel] watermark vhook and -vcodec copy

Chris chris
Wed Jun 29 11:07:01 CEST 2005

> > My intention is to use it to add a
> > watermark for a set duration say 10 seconds, and it works well. I would
> like
> > to be able to do this to ffmpeg runs where the -vcodec copy parameter is
> > used but it is not working, unsurprisingly.
> >

> > Has anyone managed to get a vhook working for -vcodec copy? Is anyone
> > interested in attempting it?
>
> No, this is complete and utter nonsense. Copying video frames and
> modifying them are mutually exclusive.
>
> Rich

Nonsense maybe... I am aware they are mutually exclusive. What I was
implying is that copying video frames takes place but for a set
duration/number of frames, vhook is invoked. I.e. encoding.

I think a combination of -ss an -t will get me where I need to be.

Chris