[Ffmpeg-devel] Shared Libraries

charlie charles.yates
Wed May 4 14:47:10 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 22:48 +0200, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> feel free to send a patch implementing that LIBNAMEEXTRA stuff,
> it will save me some time and I'll just have to check it and put it in
> cvs.
>
> (Any better name for that variable ?)

Decided on BUILDSUF (and a configure switch --build-suffix=blah). The
patch is attached for your consideration (only tested on Mandrake 10.1).

I apply this suffix to static libraries, shared libraries and
applications (the reason being that ffmpeg/ffplay provide excellent
fallback testing for an end user - if mlt fails to load a file
correctly, I can ask the user to test with ffplay.mlt to see if it's my
bug or ffmpeg's, and I can even fallback to ffmpeg.mlt to transcode if
the error is on my side for that particular format).

Cheers,

Charlie