[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation with --enable-theora fails

Rich Felker dalias
Wed May 11 16:51:57 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 04:22:37PM +0200, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Keenan Pepper <keenanpepper at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Viktor Kompaneyets wrote:
> >> Is there missing files?  I'd used latest CVS version, but makefile
> >> kan't find oggtheora.c in libavcodec
> >
> > I think oggtheora.c is missing simply because nobody's written it yet. I
> > can write it when I have some spare time - it should just be some glue
> > code to interface to libtheora, and also some changes to the ogg demuxer
> > (currently it only recognizes one vorbis stream). For now you'll just
> > have to omit --enable-theora (no idea why the option has been there so
> > long with no actual code).
>
> Since I'm sort of in charge of the Ogg demuxer, i guess this is my
> call.  I haven't yet checked in the theora support for the Ogg demuxer
> due to the incredibly insane way they've used to map frame number to
> granule position.  Rich, will you help me out bashing Xiph a little?

Are you talking about the old ogg demuxer or the new one lu ported?
IMO we should abandon the old libogg based one. Unfortunately I don't
know how Xiph has done the granulepos for Theora, but if you say it's
incredibly insane I won't be surprised.. Just do whatever you can so
that the ogg demuxer outputs valid timestamps (in units of the time
base), which may mean doing ugly hacks/conversions from the granulepos
system.. if you need to that's ok from my perspective.

Rich