[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation with --enable-theora fails

Rich Felker dalias
Wed May 11 18:33:09 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 05:11:32PM +0200, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > IMO we should abandon the old libogg based one. Unfortunately I don't
> > know how Xiph has done the granulepos for Theora, but if you say it's
> > incredibly insane I won't be surprised..
>
> The granulepos is the frame number of the last keyframe shifted left
> by a variable amount (specified in the header) plus the number of
> frames since the last keyframe.

When you say the frame number of the keyframe, do you mean just
counting keyframes, or counting all frames? BTW this is the most
incredibly idiotic thing I've ever heard of.. is it just an ugly hack
to make up for the lack of a keyframe flag and index?

> > Just do whatever you can so that the ogg demuxer outputs valid
> > timestamps (in units of the time base), which may mean doing ugly
> > hacks/conversions from the granulepos system.. if you need to that's
> > ok from my perspective.
>
> I have a solution, just need to test it.

Good. :)

Rich