[Ffmpeg-devel] Memory leakage when using libavcodec with ffmpeg2theora

Daniel Serpell daniel_serpell
Thu May 12 23:07:29 CEST 2005

Hi!

El Thu, May 12, 2005 at 09:29:00PM +0300, Viktor Kompaneyets escribio:

> I'll do it tomorrow, but this is situation, in which valgrind don't help - the
> programs ran out of memory (even swap) after a couple days of encoding. But,
> if we stops them - the heap is freed! So only hard leaks we can see.

You could test ffmpeg under MemProf: http://wwww.gnome.org/projects/memprof

With memprof, you can do leak analisys without stopping ffmpeg, and you can
create a profile of allocations/deallocations. Send a profile obtained after
a couple of hours.

        Daniel.