[Ffmpeg-devel] trouble with h264.c

Scott Treude scott
Fri May 13 16:57:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

thanks for the insight.  Wouldn't that be a problem with other codec's as well (like mpeg2)?  (I'm brand new with ffmpeg, so pardon my ignorance)

I assume that the reference picture is used to create the pictures (frames?) following it.  Is there a way to go backwards to the nearest reference pic to retrieve it and then jump forward to create the desired pictures?  Again, I'm talking out of my a** here, so I apologize ahead of time.

thanks,
Scott