[Ffmpeg-devel] networking in libavformat under windows

Måns Rullgård mru
Mon May 16 13:30:52 CEST 2005

"Timofei V. Bondarenko" <timm at ipi.ac.ru> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> We're trying to use libavformat to receive a video stream over UDP in
>> windows.  The obvious problem is that networking is disabled under
>> mingw.  Why is this so?  Doesn't mingw support networking?  Assuming
>
> mingw does.
> Is there any chance you have omitted WSAStartup() or other windows' stuff?

I'm talking about this bit in the configure script:

if test "$mingw32" = "yes" ; then
    v4l="no"
    audio_oss="no"
    dv1394="no"
    dc1394="no"
    ffserver="no"
    network="no"
    LIBPREF=""
    LIBSUF=".lib"
    SLIBPREF=""
    SLIBSUF=".dll"
    EXESUF=".exe"
    prefix="/c/Program Files/FFmpeg"
    bindir="$prefix"
fi

Are you saying networking does work under mingw, and that configure is
incorrect in disabling it?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com