[Ffmpeg-devel] codecs problem

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri May 20 16:28:43 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 15:51, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>

> >>I bet that file was generated by vlc and its buggy SL muxer
> >>

> >Yes, it looks like that's the case.  IMHO, we don't need to be able to
> >play such broken mess.
> >

> speaking of the TS demuxer in libavformat, although not related to this
> question, I noticed
> that its probing code makes some mess: it plays < 50% of all the many
> samples I have (compared
> to mplayer's that plays all of them), and it never works when streaming
> directly from my
> dvb card: e.g.
>
> mplayer -demuxer 35 dvb://  fails 100% of the time.
Sorry for jumping in this thread, but I used (and I am currently using)
libavformat for reading a TS from a dvb device, and it works quite
well...
The only problem that I can see is that it needs a lot of time to begin
parsing the stream (it tries to read too many packets for identifying
the stream characteristics).

> I gave a quick look at the code, and I noticed that the demuxer seems to
> hang when parsing
> the SDT.
Are you sure that it is really hanging? I mean: if you open the DVB card
filters for only 2 PIDs (the audio PID and the video PID), libavformat
will wait for a lot of time before beginning to play the stream...
Something like the attached stupid patch fixes this problem for me (but
I do not think this is the proper solution :)

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !