[Ffmpeg-devel] ReplayGain for Vorbis decoder

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Fri May 20 19:03:49 CEST 2005

Hi!

I too think it need not be supported in the decoder itself.

The pros would be:
- decoding+applying replaygain maybe 5 % faster if optmized than applying
replygain affter decoding
- maybe slightly better quality (whether it is audible should be ABXed ;) )

cons:
- difficult to pass the value to the decoder (unless the comment header is
parsed, that is right now redundant in the extradata)
- somewhat more memory and initaliztaion time needed if optimized
- needs to be implemented (in the window overlap/add part I guess) by someone

But if it's such a usefull function I will not stop anybody from implementing
it in the decoder.

bye
Denes

2005. m?jus 19. 12.39-kor Milan Cutka ezeket a bolcs gondolatokat fogalmazta
meg:

--
- Use the Source Luke ! -