[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] START/STOP_TIMER for ppc32

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun May 22 13:27:38 CEST 2005

Romain Dolbeau wrote:

> I don't :-( Under OSX, I set up the registers with the "Monster" tool.
> Setting up the PMC is a privileged operation, so you need a kernel-level
> tool (Monster uses a kernel extension). I don't know of a tool under
> linux, but I remember seeing PMC-related code in the kernel, so I
> assume it"s possible...

I sent you a quite simple kernel facility to add that long time ago.
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero/distfiles/pmon-0.2.tar.bz2

And looks like there are other tools around.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero