[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] *BSD bktr grab support

Christian Iversen chrivers
Sun May 22 21:25:19 CEST 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 20:51, matthieu castet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jacob Meuser wrote:
> > On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 11:04:13AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >

> > unless bktr is ported to Linux (unlikely), or V4L and bttv are ported
> > to *BSD (maybe some day, but then there would be no need for bktr) ...
> >
> > impossible, well, no.  likely, definitely no.
>
> There was a post on v4l ML, where bsd people asking if they could use
> the v4l api under a bsd license.
> So may be there will be soon a v4l emulation under bsd.

I believe there were some concern over wether this might enable evil(ish)
vendors to make binary video driver for Linux, because they would no longer
need any GPL'ed header files. I'm not sure how the discussion ended, but it
should be in the archives.

--
Regards,
Christian Iversen