[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: H.264 Mini Press Release

bond b-o-n-d
Mon May 23 21:14:22 CEST 2005

i assume the main reason, why apples HD trailers dont work correctly is that
they use multiple sliced frames, which libavcodec still doesnt seem to
decode correctly, as can be seen too on moonlight and videosoft samples

Loren Merritt wrote:
>> [h264 @ 0x2a98c3e1e0]illegal short term buffer state detected
>> [h264 @ 0x2a98c3e1e0]concealing 2176 DC, 2176 AC, 2176 MV errors
>

> How latest? I made a related fix on 2005-05-03.

 Very latest (as of last night). It was actually the Fantastic Four
trailer that spewed out those errors.

> (...But what did they do to that video? Serenity can be gzipped by 8%...)

 Could be some kind of other overhead in the file, though it seems unlikely.
--
 -Mike Melanson