[Ffmpeg-devel] Possibly wrong tags assigned in movenc.c

Nico Sabbi nsabbi
Tue May 24 11:12:11 CEST 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>Hi
>
>On Wednesday 11 May 2005 17:08, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>according to IS-14496-1, when muxing to MP4 the tag assigned to H264 in the
>>
>>object_type field present in the DecoderConfigDescriptor is 0x21,
>>while ffmpeg assigns 241 (in ff_mov_obj_type).
>>
>>Additionally, stream_type should be 0x4 for video
>>and 0x5 for audio, instead movenc uses 0x11 and 0x15 respectively.
>>
>>Are the current values specific to quicktime?
>>

>i would guess they are probably just wrong, do they cause problems with any
>players? do the IS-14496-1 values cause problems with any players? if later
>is not worse then we should change them, cvs commit or patch welcome
>
>[...]

I remember reading in this list that qt7 can't decode mp4 with h264 made
by ffmpeg,
so I compared the codes used by ffmpeg with the ones in the specs.

It turns out that 0x11 and 0x15 were correct, so I added a comment to
specify how
that byte (the streamtype) is coded. The value for the object type is
really wrong, though.

At the moment I don't have a qt7 to test, if I find one I will report.
It would be nice if some Mac user made some test with my patched
attached and without
to verify if it fixes qt7 playback.

    Nico

 Sponsor:
 Digitalpix: Il metodo pi? comodo, veloce e conveniente
* per stampare le tue foto digitali migliori.
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1523&d=24-5