[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-user] Windows install dir containing whitespace

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Nov 7 00:13:41 CET 2005

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 06:29:01PM +0100, Fredrik Orderud wrote:
> Attached is a my attempt to create a patch that changes the default
> installation directory of ffmpeg on windows from "/c/Program Files/FFmpeg"
> to "/c/Program_Files/FFmpeg". The underscore is intentional, and due to the
> install-script's inability to cope with paths containing whitespace.

Rejected.  This patch is unacceptable.  Programs should not install
themselves in random locations on people's filesystem.

Please try changing

  /c/Program Files/FFmpeg

  %PROGRAMFILES%/FFmpeg

in configure and report if this works.