[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-user] Windows install dir containingwhitespace

Fredrik Orderud fredrik.orderud
Mon Nov 7 02:04:10 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Diego Biurrun" <diego at biurrun.de>
To: "FFMpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-user] Windows install dir
containingwhitespace

> On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 06:29:01PM +0100, Fredrik Orderud wrote:
>> Attached is a my attempt to create a patch that changes the default
>> installation directory of ffmpeg on windows from "/c/Program
>> Files/FFmpeg"
>> to "/c/Program_Files/FFmpeg". The underscore is intentional, and due to
>> the
>> install-script's inability to cope with paths containing whitespace.
>
> Rejected.  This patch is unacceptable.  Programs should not install
> themselves in random locations on people's filesystem.
>
> Please try changing
>
>  /c/Program Files/FFmpeg
>  %PROGRAMFILES%/FFmpeg
>
> in configure and report if this works.

I've now fixed the windows install problem! The solution was suprisingly
simple: just adding double quotes around the install paths a couple of
places in the makefiles for libavcodec, libavformat and libavutil. :)

Please stand by while I try to make a patch of my changes.

regards,
Fredrik Orderud
Ph.D student in Computer Science, NTNU>