[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] why not have h264 encoder in the libavcodec?

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Nov 9 02:44:10 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 06:39:50PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:
>>
>> > I have seen some people here claim that the LGPL is the "better" license
>> > and argue in favor of having everything LGPL.
>> > I have, however, not seen them contribute more than 5 lines of code.
>>
>> I do think I've contributed more than 5 lines...
>
> I don't remember you whining about the GPL...

I can respect people's decisions, even when I disagree with them.  If
someone wants to restrict use of his/her code in the manner that the
FSF argues that the GPL does, fine by me.  What I don't like, is when
people are led to believe that the GPL offers protections that it
might not in fact be able to provide.  I also suspect that a
significant number of authors releasing code under the GPL are not
fully aware of the license compatibility issues, even among "free"
licenses.  I know there was a time when I wasn't.  As soon as I
realized the implications, I promptly changed the license of all code
under my control.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com