[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: decoding wma9

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Nov 9 19:45:27 CET 2005

bond wrote:
> well pro and lossless are not compatible with wma9 "standard" so i guess its
> ok to call them "different codecs", dunno about voice

	Our world revolves around codec identifiers. AFAIK:

perceptual lossy
----------------
0x160 = WMA1/7
0x161 = WMA2/8
0x162 = WMA3/9

others
------
0x163 = WMA9 lossless
0xA   = WMA9 voice

> thx thats what i wanted to know. do you know any more details whats not
> working or do you have a sample showing problems?

	We have collected a number of samples that do not work correctly.
Unfortunately, the samples archive is down right now. If you really,
really need them, I can make them available somewhere.

--
	-Mike Melanson