[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: ffmpeg now 2x slower: sse16 vs nsse16

g. the_ether
Thu Nov 10 19:54:01 CET 2005

 <g> writes:

> I recently updated my copy of ffmpeg with the latest CVS release from the
> February version I had previously been using and found that with the same
> settings it is now twice as slow to encode!

I sorted it out in the end. Someone had moved where the default search method
was initialised so I ended up doing more MV searching than previously.

BTW, there is a small bug in nsse16_mmx in dsputil_mmx.c. There out to be:

if(mm_flags & MM_SSE2)

so as to choose between calling sse16_mmx or sse16_sse2

g.