[Ffmpeg-devel] VP3 decoding issue

Diego Biurrun diego
Sat Nov 12 22:38:54 CET 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 04:24:08PM -0600, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> >
> >All my VP3 NSV streams that i tested are broken, and I traced the bug
> >to vp3.c 1.51 -> 1.52
> >
> >revision 1.52
> >date: 2005/05/17 23:39:23;  author: melanson;  state: Exp;  lines:  +45 -11
> >use VLCs for in place of get_fragment_run_length(), get_mode_code(), and
> >get_motion_vector_vlc()
> >
> >Something there broke vp3 on MacOS X PPC.
> >Anyone could help me getting any further from this point?
>
> 	I made those changes (as the CVS notes). I remember validating the
> changes extensively. Is it possible that the PPC's VLC readers are
> messed up? Some weird optimizations that are not returning the correct
> numbers?

I just verified this bug on PowerPC Linux, it's there and goes away if I
downgrade vp3.c to revision 1.51.  The problem is not AltiVec-related,
it persists if I recompile with --disable-altivec.  Is there something
else I can do to help debug this?  If necessary I could create traces on
x86 and PPC.

Diego