[Ffmpeg-devel] mp3onmp4

Mike Melanson mike
Sat Nov 19 01:10:25 CET 2005

Jochen Issing wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've heard that its possible to encapsulate mp3 in mp4. Is there support for
> such a mode in ffmpeg, which I have missed today?

	Such a mode is possible in a few ways. Try simply stuffing MP3 audio in
the QuickTime container along with ISO MPEG-4 video. In this case, the
fourcc will be either 'ms' + 0x0055 (CBR) or '.mp3' (VBR). The QT/MP4
file format also supports general MPEG audio inside the MP4 container.
This audio can be MP3 as well as AAC (layers 1 and 2 are probably
supported as well).

--
	-Mike Melanson