[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Using Intel's fDCT

g. the_ether
Sun Nov 20 02:41:47 CET 2005

Luca Barbato <lu_zero <at> gentoo.org> writes:

> Check the iip documentation and/or just check it with a simple case to
> see how it works. I'd rather see some effort in optimizing the native
> (and opensource) function instead of having headaches with closed
> source, ugly but performant systems.

I have read the documentation and checked how the IIP version works. What I am
asking is how the ffmpeg version works. If people documented things properly
in ffmpeg then I wouldn't need to ask you.

Intel provides a free evaluation copy of the code. The first step is to try it
and see if it gives a better result. We will then quickly know whether it is
worthwhile spending time improving the ffmpeg versions.

g.