[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: mp3onmp4

bond b-o-n-d
Mon Nov 21 14:56:53 CET 2005

> bond wrote:
> >>True. .mp4 is a .mov with a few extensions that are "open" as long as
> >>you pay enough money to the right people.
> >

> > thats not true, as the .mp4 container is license free
>
> Please point me to some official specs online. I have always wanted to
> know the exact layout.

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c041828_ISO_IEC_14496-12_2005(E).pdf
there are some special specs for howto place mpeg-4 part2 video/aac in mp4
in part14
and some special specs for howto place avc video in mp4 in part15:
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc29/open/29view/29n5245t.doc

> > yes, they are opensource. i dont know any good .mp4 muxing tool from
apple
> > (this includes qt7, which even cant mux multichannel aac into .mp4)
>
> Not the free version of QT7. They must have some tools that can do it
> since they have a bunch of HD movie trailers with 5.1 AAC audio.

hm i only saw hd trailers in .mov, not .mp4