[Ffmpeg-devel] Anyone tried Intel compiler?

Patrick Roberts proberts9999
Mon Nov 21 22:12:15 CET 2005

  I haven't used it on ffmpeg, but have on similar
code (signal processing and 3D rendering).  We
typically saw a measurable speed increase for fp math.
 However, one issue to be aware of is that the ICC
compiler intentionally cripples SIMD-optimized
routines when not running on P4 architecture.  (All
AMD and even P3)  Because we had a mix of P3, P4, and
AMD machines, over-all/averaged performance was lower
than with gcc.