[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Seg fault

g. the_ether
Wed Nov 23 14:11:53 CET 2005

Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev <at> gmail.com> writes:
> If I understand you right you haven't changed the ByteSwap32 function,
> so it is pointless to paste it.

I pasted it because it was short and more convenient for other people than
digging into the latest src code.

> Even more, as you use cpu >386, you have one operand that is register
> and it is impossible for it to segfault (it doesn't access memory, it
> doesn't compute segment arithmetic).
>
> What you should do is look for bug in your new diff_pixels_mmx routine.
>
> Compleatly removing optimizations, inline-ing, increasing debug level
> or even using another debuger  may help you find YOUR bug.

The new diff_pixels routine I added is a version 5, commercial product from
Intel. Even if I had made some weird mistake in how I call it, it shouldn't
cause a crash in a completely unrelated area of code. That is why I suggested
in my previous posting that it might be a problem with the linker or compiler.
Given that there is already a mem-align hack in ffmpeg, I would have thought
that was the most likely problem area, but I don't know, hence my posting.

g.