[Ffmpeg-devel] Force Baseline Profile for x264 in ffmpeg

Dario Andrade dario
Mon Nov 28 20:55:41 CET 2005

> > I'm trying to build ffmpeg with x264 support in order to compress files
> > Baseline Profile H.264 for iPod.
> >
> > The HandBrake community added the following two lines in the x264enc.c
> > file to force x264/libavcodec to output Baseline:
> >
> >        param.b_cabac     = 0;
> >        param.i_level_idc = 13;
>
> You additionally need:
>      param.rc.i_vbv_max_bitrate = 768;
>      param.rc.i_vbv_buffer_size = 2000;

I am against forcing levels using hardcoded parameters in the source code
directly. Perhaps creating a constant and setting the AVCodecContext::level
field should be more appropriate.

Thanks,
Dario Andrade