[Ffmpeg-devel] Using avcodec.dll and avformat.dll means thatoutput_example.c would not work?

Martin Boehme boehme
Tue Nov 29 09:01:34 CET 2005

Lars Blumberg wrote:
> I am using ffmpeg functionality via the libraries "avcodec.dll" and
> "avformat.dll", which  i have built before. To examine how to use both DLLs
> (in Delphi) I am translating the example code "output_example.c" given with
> the ffmpeg distribution.
>
> The first code which is run is "av_register_all" to register all necessary
> things. When I have a look into the implementation of this method, I see
> that "avcodec_register_all" is called there at first.
>
> But as you know, both methods are in different DLLs. That means, that
> "av_register_all" cannot call "avcodec_register_all". When I only call the
> first function I cannot use any codec. That's why I have to call
> "avcodec_register_all" by myself after calling "av_register_all".

Hm... don't have any idea how loading DLLs works in Delphi... all I can
say is that "it works for me" under MinGW. My understanding was that
when a DLL has dependencies on further DLLs, those DLLs also get loaded
as part of the process.

Are you calling LoadLibrary() yourself (i.e. loading the DLLs
explicitly) or does Delphi do that for you?

Martin

--
Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics