[Ffmpeg-devel] libavformat: mov writer appends headers rather than prepends

Ilya Konstantinov future
Wed Nov 30 19:49:56 CET 2005

Hi,

Unlike Apple's QuickTime, Nokia's 3GP encoder etc., the MOV encoder in
ffmpeg places the headers necessary for seeking and video information at
the end of the file rather than at the beginning, that way making the
produced files less suitable for streaming. Also, I suspect that this
fact causes 3gp files produced with ffmpeg not to play on my Nokia 6230i
phone. I'm not sure of the later conclusion, but when comparing files
produced by Nokia or QuickTime with ffmpeg's files, ffmpeg's difference
seems to be in the header ordering.