[Ffmpeg-devel] SSE load and store doubts

Roberto Pariset r.pariset
Thu Oct 6 14:33:31 CEST 2005

Il giorno gio, 06/10/2005 alle 12.59 +0200, Balatoni Denes ha scritto:
> What I should have written is: explicit loading and storing is not
> necessarily
> needed, as eg. many instructions accept a memory operand. And even if
> they
> don't the compiler apparently loads (and stores) the data on demand.

ah, i see. so they are just saving code :)

by the way, is deassembler the only way to learn such things, or maybe
there's a guide? i mean, intel talks alot about what asm instructions
do, but i haven't found much about the intrinsics and how to code sse in
c. do you have any suggestion on the matter? you seem quite experienced,
how did you learn?

thanks again,
rob