[Ffmpeg-devel] SMPTE VC-1 Decoder For FFmpeg

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Oct 7 15:34:30 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 05:27:21PM -0600, Mike Melanson wrote:
>>	Do you want to use the SMPTE VC-1 reference decoder in FFmpeg? I
>>	have written up instructions here:
>>  http://multimedia.cx/eggs/?p=129
>>It is a bit tedious but that's what you get with FFmpeg's CVS-centric
>>	Should I post this tidbit on FFmpeg's front page?
> Nah, let people feel the pain of not having a native decoder, maybe this
> will spur development.  Meanwhile we can leverage the SMPTE decoder for
> development.

	This is my feeling too. I initially resisted releasing anything because
I was afraid of people becoming complacent with the awkwardly-licensed,
poor-performing decoder. As we develop our decoder, the reference
decoder will be invaluable for validation.

	-Mike Melanson