[Ffmpeg-devel] QDM2

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Oct 19 02:01:49 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 03:24:30PM -0600, Mike Melanson wrote:
> 	Nice, I just tested the decoder on a sample QT movie trailer file
> and it worked fine. I would post about it on the FFmpeg front page. But
> server permissions seem to be messed up right now.

Huh?  I have no problems...

> 	Anyway, if you are looking for QT sample files, check out the direct
> movie trailer downloads at:
>
>   http://davestrailerpage.co.uk/
>
> Trailers available from either the apple.com or Akamai servers are
> basically guaranteed to have QDM2 audio. Many other servers like Yahoo!
> or Warner Bros. will usually use MP3.

Unfortunately there are still some samples for which the decoder sounds
metallic.  Two can be found here:

http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/misc_trailers/farmsluts/

(these shorts should not be missing in anybody's collection)

The problem seems to be with files that have 16 instead of 32 subbands.
Samples with 8 subbands are not available so far.

Insights into this problem are, of course, very much welcome.

Diego