[Ffmpeg-devel] mpeg4 avi, corrupted frames when CODEC_FLAG_TRUNCATED is set

Martin Boehme boehme
Fri Oct 21 13:00:13 CEST 2005

Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
>>> The demuxers will have to specify whether they return complete frames
>>> or not.
>>   And I take it from your use of the future tense that this is not
>> done yet?  :-)
>>   Wouldn't that mean that it is not possible to play all formats
>> without one or another of them giving problems if the flag is set,
>> and a different one or another of them giving problems if it is not?
> You mean to say we live in an IMPERFECT world?????
> OMG. i never knew. I thought my Windows NEVER crashed....

OK, I'll take the flamebait... ;-)

I guess the parent poster was trying to find out in exactly which way
his world was imperfect... and not necessarily trying to criticize the
world for being imperfect.

Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics
Ratzeburger Allee 160, D-23538 Luebeck