[Ffmpeg-devel] OS/X - undefined symbols due to strip'd shared libs

Joeri van Oostveen zokdok
Sun Oct 23 22:17:44 CEST 2005

Being a big noob at this compiling stuff, how do I compile the ffmpeg
as a shared library?
I tried adding --enable-shared in the ./configure, make and make
install, but when I compile some other software (php) which needs the
ffmpeg, I keep getting this message:
checking for ffmpeg libavcodec.so... configure: error: ffmpeg share
libraries not found. Make sure you've built ffmpeg as shared libs
using the --enable-shared option

thanks in advance!
Joeri