[Ffmpeg-devel] Question about libavutil

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Oct 24 12:11:32 CEST 2005

Hi all,

what's the rule of libavutil?
Is it intended to contain all the common utility functions shared
between libavcodec and libavformat? If yes, why are the av_*alloc()
functions in libavcodec and not in libavutil?
Would a patch that moves the av_*alloc() functions in libavutil be
Same questions for av_log() & friends...

I am asking because I have an application which only uses libavformat,
and I'd like to compile it without linking libavcodec. But that's
currently not possible because of av_alloc(), av_log(), and similar

                               N O    W A R ! ! !