[Ffmpeg-devel] switch to svn

Attila Kinali attila
Sat Oct 29 19:39:26 CEST 2005

Moin Michael!

How is it going?

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:31:12 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> yes if the following things are possible with svn (AFAIK they are but ive
> no experience with svn as a developer and know little of how svn works
> internally ...)
> * moving files without breaking history, that means we can checkout stuff prior
> to the move and afterwards and each tree will be fine, with cvs that works by
> coping the files on the server and cvs removing the old one

That's possible (anything else would defeat the purpose of svn).
even branching (ok, copying (svn cp)) preserves history.

> * merging stuff, so for example we can import the cvs or svn of lets say
> libmpeg2 into mplayer while preserving the history, with cvs thats easy

I dont know whether it is possible to merge svn repos into
svn, but it's possible with cvs repos, given that the repo files
are available.

				Attila Kinali

egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu