[BUG] was: [Ffmpeg-devel] H264/AVC decoding of non mod8 video

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Sep 5 13:00:19 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 02:44:14PM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:

> Mathieu Monnier wrote:
>
> > Several apple trailers show purple/pink blocks on the right border of
> > the picture. When it happens, the width of the picture is not
> > dividable by 8.
> >
> > An example of such a trailer is "The brothers grimm" (
> > http://images.apple.com/movies/us/hd_gallery/gl1800/480p/the_brothers_grimm_m480pa.mov
> > ), 852x480. It begins by following a girl into the woods, then she
> > makes her way back to the village, two lightning strikes, then purple
> > can be spotted, to the right / bottom corner of the video, for a few
> > frames ( ~22th second of the movie ).
>
> with mplayer cvs and ffmpeg cvs on x86_64 the video play fine but the
> audio doesn't. This is what ffmpeg outputs:

Umm, I see those artifacts with MPlayer CVS on i386.  On PPC the image is
completely garbled, there are black blocks on the initial frame and once
the movie starts it is covered with black blocks that have white
vertical stripes on them.  Going back to rev 1.142, 1.132 or 1.122 of
h264.c does not make any difference.

Diego