[Ffmpeg-devel] A/V Synchronization

Kiran Tulasi kirantulasi
Tue Sep 6 12:25:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am developing an offline player (no streaming involved) for MPEG4 video decoding and MP3 audio decoding. I would like to know what are the problems that I would face as far as "A/V Synchronization" or "lip synchronization" are concerned.

My video decoder can decode 25 frames per second. The audio decoder is able to play properly at 44.1 kHz.

I would like to know what are the potential problems and their sources in this regard. Also, how is this problem dealt with normally?

Thanks in advance,
Kiran