[Ffmpeg-devel] Specific revisions from CVS

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Sep 8 10:47:42 CEST 2005

Barry Cooper wrote:
> Hi,

Please do not use REPLY-TO to post the 1st message of a thread, the net
result is subjects mixed in the same thread, which BTW reduces the
likelyhood of you getting an answer...

> I want to apply a patch to some ffmpeg source so i may compile it to
> give me a standalone shared binary library on OSX. It seems the patch
> only operates on, for instance, release 1.8.1 of ffmpeg/Makefile.

I hope your goal is to port the patch to 1.83?

> I am
> having trouble getting this from cvs, i can only manage to get version
> 1.8.3 (the current one).

Its 1.83. Try to post accurate info.

> I presume i need some variant on the following:
>
> cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg -r r1_8_1 co
> Makefile

Always copy/paste commands you use, never retype. Such a command is
rejected with "Unknown command: `r1_8_1'" so that's certainly not what
you tried.

> what's gone wrong here???

There may be an easier way, but this works:

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -l ffmpeg
cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -r 1.81
ffmpeg/Makefile

After that be *extremely* careful: the version of Makefile is somehow
'locked' to 1.81, so if you remove Makefile and do cvs update you get
1.81, not the latest! But since Makefile does not contain an ID string,
its hard to know!

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director