[Ffmpeg-devel] HDTV-H.264 by BBC not playing

Nico Sabbi nsabbi
Fri Sep 16 15:42:10 CEST 2005

Lo?c Le Loarer wrote:

>>can someone explain how to deal with 0x109 "access unit" NAL?
>>IIUC it's not mandatory (it's the first time I see it in a sample)
>>but where does it have to show  when it's present, after the SPS
>>and before every slice header?
>>
>>That specs is quite obscure to me...
>>Thanks,
>>   Nico
>>

>NAL N?9 is "access unit delimiter", it is not really useful to decode,
>the easyest way to deal with it is to ignore completely. It can be
>useful if you want to seek in the bitstream because it gives a hit on
>the type of picture comming after.
>
>Best Regards

Good to know, but it seems that only syncing to that NAL type
the broken sample decodes correctly, otherwise it's totally messed.
To me it seems to be decoded with inverted fields

 Sponsor:
 Visita aziendeinaffari.it, troverai tutte le aziende industriali, artigianali e di servizi del Canavese, per ogni tua esigenza
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3607&d=16-9