[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: FFMPEG code a mess

Gábor Farkas gabor
Mon Sep 19 08:51:46 CEST 2005

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> G?bor Farkas <gabor at nekomancer.net> writes:
>

>>M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>>Java can be handy sometimes, but there are a few things that annoy
>>>me:
>>>- Everything has to be an object.
>>
>>int/char/boolean and stuff like that does not have to be an object.
>

> That's surely an oversight.
>

>>but isn't it the same in C?
>>you have some basic types and then you have to create structs. in
>>which way is it different from classes?
>

> Functions.

static methods could solve this problem for you

>>>- No unsigned types.
>>
>>why do you need them? what would  you like to do with them?
>

> Same reason you'd need them anywhere: to store unsigned numbers.

(phew, it would be nice if you somehow could answer to 3 different mails
somehow collectively)

please read my answers to the other poster's mails on this topic.

and, if it REALLY matters to you to STORE those numbers IN MEMORY in the
unsigned form, i think maybe java is not the most suitable language. i
know it's the easy solution to always respond that 'maybe java is not
for you', but it really was not designed for number crounching. maybe
you could write the needed function in C, and then interface to if from
java using JNI. or, interface to it from python ;)

gabor