[Ffmpeg-devel] core dump when displaying ffmpeg help

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 20 13:15:34 CEST 2005

Hi

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 12:34:17PM +0200, Xavier Rodriguez (INEXBEE) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When displaying the help options of ffmpeg I have a core dump on my
> Solaris 8 HW 12/02 s28s_hw1wos_06a SPARC / gcc (GCC) 3.3.2.:
>
> ./ffmpeg
> AVCodecContext AVOptions:
> -bit_rate          E.VA.Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
>
> I resolved it by using this _VERY_UGLY_ patch:

hmm, arent you skiping over a few things here ...
first comes a usefull bugreport with gdb output ffmpeg version and so on
then you can suggest some patch to solve it, dont just post a ugly patch
and let us guess what bug might have caused a crash which that fixed

Michael