[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: The "Intermingled Mess" issue.

Sam Hocevar sam
Tue Sep 20 14:14:03 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005, Romain DEGEZ wrote:
> Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>
> > Anyway, kbuild looks to me like specifically for and with the Linux
> > kernel. Is there an example of kbuild used on a non-Linux platform for
> > other purpose than a Linux kernel?
>
> The VLC build system is based on kbuild i think.

   To be more precise, there was an attempt at using kbuild in parallel
of our autotools build system. It now seems to be rotting in the attic
because no one maintains it. So far I haven't seen anything that could
replace up to date autotools for our extensive use of their various
features. Not that I wouldn't be glad to get rid of most of the bloat,
but at least it works.

--
Sam.