[Ffmpeg-devel] Compilation Issue

Martin Boehme boehme
Fri Sep 23 12:12:16 CEST 2005

Usman Bashir wrote:
> Hi!
>   Is there any way to compile the source with Visual C compiler,

Do you mean the FFmpeg source or the source for your app?

> as even
> I m working with gcc I am unable to run my dll's with my java app.

Apparently you mean FFmpeg source -- see below.

> That's why I m having conclusion that gcc is unable to produce a windows
> image for me.

A Windows image...? Do you mean a DLL? But you seem to have produced
DLLs successfully (see above).

FFmpeg has to be compiled using MinGW / MSYS -- see the docs.

> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>    And if it is possible to build the source of ffmpeg using vc
> compiler, please let me know!!!

No, it isn't possible.

Can't tell from your post exactly where your problem lies...

Martin

--
Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics