[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compilation Issue

Martin Boehme boehme
Tue Sep 27 15:42:33 CEST 2005

Usman Bashir wrote:
> 	However let me explain my goal more clearly, I need
> functionality of "ffmpeg.c" in my JAVA application. So as we know that I
> had to compile that target in the form of dynamic link library.
> Therefore I m trying to compile "ffmpeg.c" along with "avcodec.lib" and
> "avformat.lib" in a single dll, but it becomes almost 6 MB file which is
> bit heavy then I was expecting. So I am looking to reduce the size of
> that "dll". So does u have any idea? How could I go on with it?

Hm... sounds slightly overweight to me, but I'm not an expert on the
MinGW/MSYS side, so I don't know exactly what's going wrong. Maybe
you're getting debug symbols in your DLL?

> 	Another thing, do ffplay and ffserver are part of the default
> make?

Yep. (Well, ffplay is only built if you have SDL.) You can find out by
doing "touch ffserver.c" (for example), then calling make. You'll see it
rebuild ffserver.

Martin

--
Martin B?hme