[Ffmpeg-devel] Visual studio .net problem

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Tue Sep 27 17:40:44 CEST 2005

Martin Boehme wrote:
> Lucio Marcenaro wrote:
>
>>> Hm... and I assume the avcodec.dll, avformat.dll and avutil.dll are
>>> on your path?
>>

>> Yes. In the same directory where the .exe is
>> If i try and delete dlls program doesn't start complaining about
>> missing dlls
>

> Hm... so you have them installed somewhere else on your search path?
> Otherwise, I'd say you aren't linking properly to the DLLs.

Repeat after me: "DLL... HELL! DLL... HELL!..."

The best thing to do is a global search for libavutil.dll, .def, .lib,
libavcodec blah blah, libavformat blah blah. Delete any you find.
Recompile and reinstall.

I dont know where make install puts the dlls under mingw, but if its in
a different place than ffmpeg.exe, that's looking for trouble. IMNSHO.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be