[Ffmpeg-devel] Visual studio .net problem

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Wed Sep 28 11:48:59 CEST 2005

Lucio Marcenaro wrote:
> I just installed Visual C++ 2005 Express edition beta 2 but i still have
> the same problem (ffmpeg not working properly with dlls: codec not foud
> error)
>
> So i was wondering that maybe my mingw environment is the problem...
> Could somebody (that uses ffmpeg dll with visual studio compiled apps)
> post the list of files downoaded and installed for mingw/msys environment?
>
> Thanks
>     Lucio

I suggest you start peppering the libavcodec code with av_log calls, to
trace what happens (since unfortunately the VC++ debugger wont work on
gcc code and vice-versa, IIRC). After all, that's why it is *good* to
have the source...

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director