[Ffmpeg-devel] snow related files cause the compile of mplayer to crash on mac os x 10.3.9

Ergzay ergzay
Sat Apr 1 07:35:53 CEST 2006

On 2006/03/31, at 15:28, Luca Barbato wrote:

> Ergzay wrote:

>>> Fixed now, hopefully.
>>>
>>> Could you please benchmark it on osx please?
>> Benchmark? How would I go about doing that?
>> Ergzay
>
> ffplay -debug 2 file 2>log
>
>  with altivec enabled and with altivec disabled could be ok
>
> another way could be run a file on mplayer and measure the cpu %
>
> All I need to know if my hacks helped a bit or snow is still a
> complete pain.

Well I know next to nothing about snow. I tried the sample file that
guillaume pasted a link to and without altivec it gave around 90% and
with altivec it gave 90%. But on the other hand it was basically maxing
it out as I had a few other things running in the background. I'm not
sure if this is normal but the video was playing at really low fps. Way
below watching speed, and frame skip had no effect on it. This is a
1.2GHz G4 with a radeon 9200 mobility and 256mb of ram.

On the other hand it compiles on 10.3.9 now which is good. I'm not
really interested in testing snow as I have almost no interest in it. I
did it this time as a favor.

Ergzay