[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] spam filtering rules

Attila Kinali attila
Sun Apr 2 18:48:31 CEST 2006

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:55:02 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> it would be nice if bogofilter or something similar could be run over
> the mails and mails marked as unsure would be put on hold and if an
> admin approves or trashes them then bogo would automatically be updated
> accordingly

Hmm.. Mailman has an SA interface, i've never used it and thus
have no idea how well it works.

But even if it works well, someone has to teach it how good mails
look like.

> it would also be nice if some more complex filtering then what mphq mailman
> supports could be done, for example
> reject mails which have no "Re:" in their subject but have a In-Reply-To:
> header
> or reject mails with non unified diffs

Such complex stuff call for a multi-stage approach like
on mphq currently (procmail+sa+amavis), which i actually
wanted to avoid because of its complexity both in
function and maintenance.

I have to think about how this can be solved in a clean
and easily maintainable way.
Ofcourse, if someone has an idea, please let me know.

				Attila Kinali

--