[Ffmpeg-devel] [Linuxtag] floor plan and accomodation

Oded Shimon ods15
Fri Apr 7 15:37:52 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 01:51:15AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> writes:
>
> > On Friday, 07 April 2006 at 01:58, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> An email just came in from the Linuxtag organizers.  A preliminary
> >> floor plan has finally been drawn up.  We've been suitably placed next
> >> to Linux Audio, VDR, and MythTV.
> >
> > Yay! :)
> >
> >> With less than a month to go, I'd like to see some planning activity
> >> get started.  For starters, who's coming, and for how long?  I'll be
> >> there for the entire duration, arriving the day before to set things
> >> up, and I have a flight back on Sunday, so will be able to take part
> >> in tearing things down too.  I'll bring with me a laptop, some DVDs,

I'll be there for the entire duration. Is there anything special helpful I
can bring?... I don't even have a laptop...

> >> 3. Special Rate at Achat Hotel and Crowne Plaza
> >>
> >> We have special rates for two hotels in Wiesbaden. The Achat Hotel is a
> >> 10 minutes walk from the exhibition away. The price for a single room is
> >> 54 EUR, a double 59 EUR per night. The Crowne Plaza is located besides
> >> the Rhein-Main-Hallen (3 minutes) and more comfortable. A single room
> >> costs 109 EUR, a double 119 EUR per night. All rates include breakfast.
> >> If you would like to place an order, please contact schulte at linuxtag.org
> >> We need your first- and lastname, arrival and departure date, single- or
> >> double room and if you prefer a smoker or non-smoker room.
> >
> > Special rates my arse. As I've already written, I've found a hotel 200m
> > from the exhibition area for 54EUR with breakfast. Of course, you had to
> > book it quite early to get such price, but it was possible.
>
> Thanks for doing the research.  I've already booked myself a room
> there.

Is it still possible to book at this hotel? And at what price?

My uncle lives in Frankfurt and I'll possibly be staying at his place for
most of the time, but I need to know - is there a train station close to
LinuxTag event, and how much would a train from Frankfurt to Weisbaden
cost?

BTW, I'm quite bummed out by lack of people going to this, I was hoping to
at least meet most of the team there. :/

- ods15