[Ffmpeg-devel] [Linuxtag] floor plan and accomodation

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Apr 7 15:39:39 CEST 2006

Roberto Togni said:
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 00:58:07 +0100
> M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> An email just came in from the Linuxtag organizers.  A preliminary
>> floor plan has finally been drawn up.  We've been suitably placed next
>> to Linux Audio, VDR, and MythTV.
>>
>> With less than a month to go, I'd like to see some planning activity
>> get started.  For starters, who's coming, and for how long?  I'll be
> [...]
>
> I'll be there all the days. I'm arriving on Tuesday
> (about 4pm), I can leave Sat or Sun, still have to decide. Do you know
> when we can start teardown on Saturday? If I'm leaving Sat I can stay
> no later than 5pm.

The times are all listed on
http://www.linuxtag.org/2006/de/aussteller/informationen.html, at least if
you read German.  If you don't, they are, briefly, setup throughout Tuesday,
starting no later than 5pm, and teardown starting Saturday 6pm.

> I'll bring my laptop, a 5-port switch, some network cable and some
> Italian power sockets. I'll also have a digital camera, i can bring a
> webcam too if it's needed.
> I can ask at my company for more net equipment if nobody else have it,
> but since I'm coming by plane I'm quite limited in what I can carry.

I can bring some network cables too.  Many of my electronic devices have
UK power plugs, so might not be ideal.

> We (Diego?) have a poster with MPlayer logo, other possible subjects
> for posters are Multimedia wiki, a data flow (from file to output) for
> MPlayer and FFMpeg (and other players if others want to contribute it),
> a "call for developer" to attract people interested in multimedia
> coding, and eventually a FAQ about video playback on non-Windows
> systems (why not everything is supported, why no drm, whi some codecs
> are x86 only, ....). Any other ideas?

Do we have any people with graphics design skills around here?  It's about
time we got started on these posters if we are to have them ready on time.

What happened to all the ideas for ffmpeg logos?

> Is it ok for everybody to keep this discussion (and more in the
> future) here? If not, can anybody setup a ml for linuxtag organization?

I can set up a mailing list if desired.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com