[Ffmpeg-devel] When is planned to add ogg Theora output in ffmpeg?

Cian Duffy myob87
Sat Apr 8 04:22:05 CEST 2006

On 08/04/06, M?ns Rullg?rd <mru at inprovide.com> wrote:
> > Had I seen CAM's for any other Videoguard variants, I would. But I haven't.
>
> There are supposedly CAMs available for certain incarnations of VG.

For BSkyB's VG version they're:

a: apparently completely illegaly
b: can't write to the card so it stops working after 2-3 weeks and
needs to be put back in a Digibox to get updated keys or something - I
don't know the intricities of VideoGuard, the term "Keep-alive
signals" has come from somewhere. To me, its just the encryption
system that forces me to keep an absolutely massive white Pace box
beneath my TV when the far smaller box beside it supports my
switchgear and has a 160GB HDD in it. And all to get Channel 4.

> Box types and pricing are decided by each broadcaster.

Unfortunately :(

Cian